Why use a REALTOR®
- What's really going on in the market? Is this currently a buyers' or sellers' market? Are prices still going up? What trends are the true sales numbers reflecting/predicting?
- Can you wait several months to sell your home? How do current ownership expenses weigh against waiting to sell? When is the best time of year in your area, to place it on the market?
- How do you know how your home stacks against the competition--should you go ahead and add upgrades before placing it on the market? Which upgrades pay-off, and which would be a waste of your time and money? Is your home ready or would you yield more $$ by having it staged or possibly pre-inspected?
- Do you know how to price your home competitively?
- Do you know how to explain "water assessments" and variances in "boat commute" in the Cape, to out of area buyers?
- Do you have access to affordable professional real estate photographers, for indoor/outdoor, as well as aerial photos and visual tours to be placed on hundreds of online sites?
- Do you know how to professionally copywright your home's advertisement? Do you know which "buzz words" get the most online hits? Do you know how and when to most affectivelyboost your online exposure? Are you prepared to provide and distribute color brochures throughout your surroounding area?
- Are you prepared to have a sign in the yard and to be ready to show the home within the hour, for drive-by inquiries?
- Do you know what to do if you're not getting showing requests, or if you are getting showings and no offers?
- Do you have a system for obtaining feedback after showings?
- Are you comfortable having open houses or showing strangers your home? Are you prepared to provide lunch and invite local brokers to tour your home if they have prospective buyers?
- What do you do when negotiations stall?
- Do you know how to properly execute a real estate contract? Do you know what disclosures/addendums might better protect you?
- Do you know what questions to ask a buyer's lender to keep them accountable through the application process?
- Do you know what pitfalls can trip-up an inspection? Could your home have mold/polybutylene plumbing/lead based paint/Chinese drywall/seawall issues? Do you know what to do when a buyer trys to re-negotiate the sales price after inspection?
- Do you know what a title company can and can't do for you?
- Are you aware of the guidelines used by appraisers to classify a home and what your rights are if your home under-appraises?
If you are not sure about any 1 or more of the answers to the above questions, SHOULDN'T YOU ask yourself…if it may just pay-off to consult us?
ANYONE CAN PLACE A SIGN IN THEIR YARD, BUT ONLY A REAL ESTATE PROFESSIONAL CAN TAKE YOU FROM SALE TO SETTLEMENT!